Thursday, March 28, 2013

Special Feature: NEW MUSIC IN 2013 (so far)!

Hello fellow music lovers! As I write on the BOTW #12, I thought it would be a good idea to do a quick rundown on what new music is coming out this year! I feel 2013 is going to be a big year for many artists, and I can't wait! Here is what I am excited about so far! [Everything mentioned is OUT NOW!]


OneRepublic - Any team with Ryan Tedder is in it to win it. OneRepublic's "Native" is as solid as it gets. Track 1, "Counting Stars", will convince you of this within the first 30 seconds!










The Strokes - Their "Comedown Machine" LP gives you that retro-Strokes vibe along with some fresh new sounds. Julian's voice is the epitome of alt-rock, that is all.









Demi Lovato - Demi's "Heart Attack" single gave me a heart attack from all it's glory. She brings back some of her early pop-rock style with some powerhouse Kelly Clarkson-level belting. I could not be more excited for the album expected to be coming out this summer/fall.








Wavves - Indie-surf-rock fans are in for a treat with this band's new record, "Afraid of Heights".  Fans of Best Coast and MGMT would totes dig this stuff. (Shout out to Jonathan for introducing them to me!)









Vampire Weekend - AT LAST! These fancy alt-rockers have finally come back with some new stuff and their single "Diane Young" is one of my favorites so far this year!










Phoenix - These Frenchmen know how to entertain, especially with their new single "Entertainment"! Amazing live band, and I can't wait for the rest of the album!

Daft Punk - Am I the only one STOKED that Phoenix AND Daft Punk are releasing new music at the same time? They should just go on tour together... it makes so much sense.






Ariana Grande - Don't fooled by this singer's extreme tween/teen-fandom because this girl can SANG. Her debut single, "The Way" featuring Mac Miller, gives off so much 90s. You will be reminded of a young Mariah Carey with her breathy soprano pop timbre and some impressive whistle notes too!








Justin Timberlake - Although reluctant to listen to "The 20/20 Experience" at first due to my anti-N*Sync & pro-Backstreet Boys life style, I finally caved a couple days ago.. and I gotta say, there are some good jams there. (But those 8 minute songs? Ain't nobody got time fo dat...)








Beyonce - Obviously I have to end this list with the Queen. Nothing else is to be said.
>>> BOW DOWN










There are SO MANY other new releases I am stoked for, but I shall save them for another special feature on the blog! In the meantime, hope you are enjoying the music of 2013 so far, I surely am!

Peace, Love, & Rock n' Roll,
A-Tran.

No comments:

Post a Comment