Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BOTW #16 & Concert Recap - Alex Clare

Photo from: guardian.co.uk
If there were ever an artist that embodied the fusion genre of Awolnation/Stevie Wonder/The Black Keys, a.k.a. alt-soul-rock, this week's BOTW, Alex Clare, is your main dude! Hailing from London, this singer-songwriter brings you much, much more that just his Top 40 hit, "Too Close."

As a vocalist, Alex Clare is one of those guys that could sing anything and I would listen to him all day. His effortless ability to croon on a mellow rock-ballad and then transition into a high-energy upbeat song is almost unfair. Check out my favorite tracks: "I Love You" to witness Alex at his most endearing vocals, and "Hands Are Clever" for his most soulful performance.

Check out some video footage I caught on my phone to get a taste of what awesomeness you are missing out on!:

This is a BRAND NEW song! I couldn't catch the title with Alex's thick accent, HOWEVER, I can tell this is already a new favorite!

"Treading Water" is a perfect crowd pump-up song, and you can see/hear why...

And of course, AC and the band closed with "Too Close," just as epic as ever!


AC @ Showbox Market 4/29/13 via my cell pix.
Literally obsessed with AC's band. You've got the ultimate
alt-rock drummer in his black teee, the Spongebob shirt wearing bassist, AND
the Fresh Prince of Synths (complete with flat-top and keytar).
If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend that you go see AC and the band live.  It is one of the most chill/rockin' shows you will ever go to!

Some other artists you might like:
1. Awolnation
2. Madeon
3. The Black Keys
4. The Naked and Famous
5. Allen Stone
6. Young the Giant



PEACE OUT MUSIC SCOUTS!

Peace, Love, & Rock n' Roll,
A-Tran.

No comments:

Post a Comment