Thursday, January 24, 2013

BOTW #3 - Churchill


Churchill is: Tim, Mike, Bethany, Tyler, and Joe.
Photo from: clubzone.com
In an unlikely era of mainstream success for indie-folk-alt-rock bands like Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, and Arcade Fire, there is a new kid in town: CHURCHILL. These Colorado natives have strategically weaved themselves into this genre that seems to be gaining fans by the second.

On the ride home from school earlier this month, I was jamming to Seattle's Alternative station, 107.7 The End, and Churchill's single "Change" came on and I immediately fell in love with its contagious chorus!  Nowadays radio stations barely ever announce song titles or artists so I always get heated when I don't know who the great song is by... but then I remember it's 2K13 and there are things like apps and the internet, so I calm down.

While investigating Churchill via the interweb, I was delighted to find that they have released an EP and are currently working on and LP.  Needless to say, all five tracks on the "Change EP" are solid and leave you wanting more.  I truly believe it will only be a matter of time before this band reaches a level of recognition that is comparable to The Lumineers' mainstream hit, "Ho Hey".

With the band's ability to write memorable melodies and their awesome vocal-trading between Tim and Bethany, I am sure they will win you over soon enough!

Image from: churchilltheband.com

Band Site:
churchilltheband.com


For Listeners of:
The Lumineers
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Of Monsters & Men
Grouplove
Matt & Kim
The Head And The Heart
She & Him
Mumford & Sons
Arcade Fire

[Yeah.. I know, there are a lot of "&" bands in this list.  Haha]



Churchill's Catchy Single: "Change" [Coincidentally, this video debuted on VEVO today!]


I hope everyone has a musical night!


Peace, Love, & Rock n' Roll,
A-Tran.


...Soon after posting, Churchill responded!


No comments:

Post a Comment