Thursday, January 31, 2013

BOTW #4 - Moya

Photo from: vintagebrighton.com
The British Invasion is back and thriving!  With acts such as Adele, Ellie Goulding, One Direction, and The Wanted tearing up the US pop music charts, it shouldn't take this week's BOTW: MOYA, too long to follow up!

Moya is a solo singer/songwriter with a soft and soulful tone that caught my attention a few months ago back in September '12 when her single, "Making Me Fall", was featured on YouTube.  The main reason I clicked on the obscure video was because Moya was wearing a rad studded denim shirt in the video still, and anyone who knows me can confirm my love for studs and denim.  I'm also sucker for piano-pop, so this song was bound to be on replay for quite some time (it's still in my top played songs in iTunes!).

Moya's first LP, "Lost and Found", is filled with heartfelt and quality pop tunes (I've always thought that British music in general was more sophisticated, and Moya proves this!).

Moya's music is too legit to quit and definitely deserves the radio airtime.  Hope you check out her tunes and enjoy them as much as I do!

Photo from: last.fm

Twitter @moyamusicuk


For Listeners of:
1. Adele
2. Ellie Goulding
3. Bruno Mars
4. Sara Bareilles
5. Christina Perri
6. Amy Winehouse
7. Allen Stone
8. Lily Allen











Moya's Best Jam: "Making Me Fall"


Moya's Current Single: "A Little More Love"


Oh yeah, Moya totes RT'd me. (:


Until next week my music-lovin' friends! (:


Peace, Love, & Rock n' Roll,
A-Tran.


P.S. After I posted the blog, Moya herself tweeted me back. She is awesome! (:

Moya RT'd again! 3/17/13.


No comments:

Post a Comment